Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2019

Half a year later ... (I)

In March I posted a wishlist of lenses that I would like to have on top of the Nikon 50mm. f/1.8G (that I first bought), also expressing the hope for getting some more prime lense.

Months later, of all the mentioned lenses only the Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD and the Tamron AF SP 70-300mm 4-5.6 Di VC USD were actually acquired. Of these two, the Tamron AF SP 70-300mm 4-5.6 Di VC USD is factually not in use and nearly never has been - it is on a shelf in the cupboard contrary to the Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD that in the beginning was used quite often but now also starts to collect dust. I am thinking about selling both of them.

So one may ask: What has happened?? What went wrong??

The answer to these questions is multiple.

In the beginning I was sure that because of my interest in Macro Photography my first lens would be a Macro lens. I, back then, had either the Tamron F017N SP 90mm f/2,8 Di Macro, 1:1 VC USD or the Sigma 105 mm f/2,8 EX Makro DG OS HSM on the list. After having read/listened to so many different reviews of both lenses, I simply wasn't able to decide, which one I wanted.
Detail of a Hydrangea
At the same time I became interested on the one hand in another Macro lens (the Tokina 100mm. f/2.8 AT-X Pro Macro) and on the other hand also in other options for Macro Photography, namely in the use of extension tubes and reverse rings.
Out of financial reasons - this is still only a hobby - I decided to try extension tubes. Mounted together with the Nikon 50mm f/1.8G the results were simply stunning
So I simply decided to postpone the decision which Macro lens to get, a decision I do not regret until now (see also below)
Btw, a new potential candidate has in the meantime also entered the race, namely the Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro Dragonfly, making a final decision even more difficult.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Half a year later ... (II)

What has happened ?? What went wrong ?? By far more serious, however, was the impact that watching the YouTube Channel of Ken Wheeler ak...